All our expert General practitioners are highly experienced and are here to listen to your needs. During your consultation they will answer your questions and tell you all about your diagnosis and any treatment or procedure required, so you can feel reassured and in control throughout.
We understand that having treatment can be an anxious time. We think it’s important that you have the same doctor looking after you throughout your journey with us. They will meet you at your initial outpatient visit, and will personally manage any treatment you need.
Your doctor will also continue to look after you during any aftercare/follow up appointments that may be necessary. All our doctors are fully qualified and registered with professional bodies, including the Ugandan Medical and Dental Council.
All of our doctors are general practitioners with their own area of expertise.
- Dr Stockley – General Practice, Tropical and Travel Diseases. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Trauma.
- Dr Conrad – Family Practice and Infectious/Tropical Diseases. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Trauma.
- Dr Justus – General Practice and Paediatrics. Other areas of special interest is Infectious Diseases.
- Dr. Lisanne van der Bijl – General Practitioner. Other areas of special interest are Neurology, Psychiatry and Antenatal Care.
- Prof. James Scott Brown – General Practice, Internal Medicine and Common Mental Health Problems. Other areas of special interest are Antenatal Care, Obs/Gyn, Cardiology and Family Planning.
- Dr. Giuseppe Troisi – General Medicine and Respiratory Medicine, Internal Medicine. Other areas of special interest are Infectious Diseases.
- Dr Justine – General Practice and Paediatrics.
- Dr Edward – General Medicine. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Infectious Diseases.
Dr Doreen Alaleit – General Practice. Other areas of special interest are Obs/Gyn and Infectious Diseases.
- Dr Martin Nsubuga – General Practice. Endocrinologist.
Our internationally trained nurses are professional and highly skilled members of our team. Their role within our hospitals is to take a lead in guiding you and your family through all stages of your treatment – co-coordinating investigations, treatment, surgery, discharge and follow-up.
If you’ve been affected by an injury, illness or are recovering from an operation, an expert physiotherapist can help restore movement and function. Physiotherapy can also help with pain relief and rehabilitation to get you back on your feet and leading a happy and healthy life.
Our physiotherapists work in a wide variety of health settings including hospital inpatients and outpatients.
The Psychology Practice is based at The Surgery and provides psychotherapy, counselling, and assessment for children, youth, adults, couples and families with psychosocial, psychological and psychiatric problems. The psychologist providing services for Surgery patients is Femke Bannink – Mbazzi, director of the Psychology Practice. She holds two master degrees from The Netherlands and is a PhD candidate, and works and lives in Uganda since 2003. For more information please have a look at our Psychology Practice brochure.
Our Midwives are specialists in normal pregnancy and birth, and the midwife’s role is to look after a pregnant woman and her baby throughout the antenatal period, during labour and birth, and after the baby has been born. The midwife is supported by the general practitioners to make the pregnancy as safe as possible. At this moment we only offer antenatal care but hopefully we will expand our services in the near future.
Our general practitioners are able to cover most areas of medicine however there are times that an expert opinion is required. In these circumstances, we use outside consultants.
The consultant will come to The Surgery or we arrange an appointment for you off site. There are some situations where we will advise you to seek medical advice overseas.