Our General Practitioners
All our General practitioners are highly experienced and are here to listen to your needs. During your consultation they will answer your questions and tell you all about your diagnosis and any treatment or procedure required.
We understand that having treatment can be an anxious experience. At times it’s important that you have the same doctor looking after you throughout your journey with us. Your doctor will meet you at your initial outpatient visit, and will personally manage any treatment you need.
Your doctor will also continue to look after you during any aftercare/follow up appointments that may be necessary. All our doctors are fully qualified and registered with professional bodies, including the Ugandan Medical and Dental Council.
All of our doctors are general practitioners with their own area of expertise.
- Dr. Stockley – General Practice, Tropical and Travel Diseases. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Trauma.
- Dr. Conrad – Family Practice and Infectious/Tropical Diseases. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Trauma.
- Dr. Justus – General Practice and Paediatrics. Other areas of special interest is Infectious Diseases.
- Dr. Lisanne van der Bijl – General Practitioner. Other areas of special interest are Neurology, Psychiatry and Antenatal Care.
- Prof. James Scott Brown – General Practice, Internal Medicine and Common Mental Health Problems. Other areas of special interest are Antenatal Care, Obs/Gyn, Cardiology and Family Planning.
- Dr. Ruth Vilayil – Obstetrician Gynaecologist. Other area of special interest is Fertility.
- Dr. Justine – General Practice and Paediatrics.
- Dr. Edward – General Medicine. Other areas of special interest are Minor Surgery and Infectious Diseases.
- Dr. Winfred Ayenyo – General medicine.
Dr. Doreen Alaleit – General Practice. Other areas of special interest are Obs/Gyn and Infectious Diseases.
- Dr. Martin Nsubuga – General Practice. Endocrinologist.
Our internationally trained nurses are professional and highly skilled members of our team. Their role within The Surgery is to take a lead in guiding you and your family through all stages of your treatment – co-coordinating investigations, treatment, surgery, discharge and follow-up.
If you’ve been affected by an injury, illness or are recovering from an operation, an expert physiotherapist can help restore movement and function. Physiotherapy can also help with pain relief and rehabilitation to get you back on your feet and leading a happy and healthy life.
Our physiotherapists work in a wide variety of health settings including hospital inpatients and outpatients. At The Surgery there are two practicing physiotherapists; Priscillah Ondoga and Hans Szameit. To book an appointment with Priscillah please call + 256 772 496 028/702 496 028 or email: email@example.com. To book an appointment with Hans please call +256 794 634 845/717 221 693 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Psychology Practice is based at The Surgery and provides psychotherapy, counselling, and assessment for children, youth, adults, couples and families with psychosocial, psychological and psychiatric problems. The psychologist providing services for Surgery patients is Femke Bannink – Mbazzi, director of the Psychology Practice. She holds two master degrees and a PhD from The Netherlands and has worked and lived in Uganda since 2003. For more information please have a look at our Psychology Practice brochure or Make an Appointment by emailing us on email@example.com.
Midwifery and Antenatal Services
Our midwife is trained in normal pregnancy and birth and her role is to look after a pregnant woman and her baby throughout the antenatal period, during labour and birth, and after the baby has been born. The midwife is supported by our obstetrician/gynecologist and a few of our general practitioners to make the pregnancy as safe as possible. At this moment we offer antenatal care but hopefully we will expand our services in the near future.
Our general practitioners are able to cover most areas of medicine, however there are times when an expert’s opinion is required. In these circumstances, we use outside consultants.
Either the consultant will come to The Surgery or we arrange an appointment for you off site. In some situations our doctors will advise you to seek medical advice overseas.